Notifications
Clear all

CA SMOG TEST  

RSS

Warren Cheng
(@7212mopar)
Second Gear
February 14, 2018 12:56 pm  

Hi all. I have not gotten on the site since it was changed but today is my lucky day. Anyway, I had my Challenger since April of 2012 and now this year I get to pay more to CA to continue my driving privilege by having the car smog tested. Have anyone done this and care to share your experience? 

I do have the bolt on intake and CAT back system which should not matter. Other than that pretty much from the factory and no Tuning changes to the CPU. Car runs like the day I got it and only 24k smiles.

Marie Reichmuth
(@biohzrd)
Treasurer
February 14, 2018 8:40 pm  

Hi Warren,  I had my July 2011 Challenger smogged last year, for the first time.  They pretty much look up your VIN and make sure all your recalls are done.  No more test from the tail pipe, etc.  Looked that I had all my mod stickers (CAI).  Done.  Hope all goes well with yours.

ReplyQuote
Ray Oslowski
(@soslowski)
President
February 14, 2018 9:40 pm  

Your Cold air intake needs to have a CARB sticker or you will fail.  Also if you have a catch can disconnect the lines and hook it up by passing the can.  They will fail you for that as well.  The new test does not require dyno test but be assured the Smog computer is interfacing with your car and if there is anything wrong it will know.  Our cars are so high tech they know when something is not right so no need to dyno them.  Both my Cars are tuned and pass without changing back to stock.  Even with a tune if your car is runnning right it will pass no problem.

ReplyQuote
Warren Cheng
(@7212mopar)
Second Gear
February 15, 2018 10:16 pm  

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I need to call Araid since the CAI did not come with a sticker. I know it is listed on the CA ARB.

ReplyQuote
Rich
 Rich
(@rw99)
Fourth Gear
February 23, 2018 6:33 pm  

Hey, Warren... been waaayyyy too long.  Welcome back!

Rich

ReplyQuote
Share: