Date(s) - 09/22/2018
3:30 pm - 2:00 am
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite 2018 Details
The meeting place for this ride is at the intersection of Highways 120 and 108. This is also known as Yosemite Junction. From there, we will head toward Yosemite and stop for breakfast at Buck Meadows. From there we will enter the park. Here are some things to take into account:
- Entrance fees to Yosemite are $30 per vehicle
- I have no set “itinerary” for the places to visit and when we visit. I will ask the group who they would like to do…..and then we’ll do it. I have many ideas to share about this.
- Yosemite is a popular, thus crowded attraction, especially on a weekend day. Some parts of the park are not easy to get to because of gridlocked traffic, particularly when a group is trying to go somewhere together.
- There is a lot of driving involved to get from place to place. You should have a full, or nearly full tank when we meet at the Junction. The driving part should be no problem because you will be driving a spectacular specimen of automotive technology!
- Bring water and snacks as this is a long day and we will not be near any concessions areas. Look at weather forecasts to predict what kind of clothing to bring. I recommend wearing good shoes for walking. We won’t be going anywhere “treacherous”, but granite can be slippery or slick which may lead to a fall with the wrong footwear. Sunscreen is also a good idea.
Generally, we end up at the base of ElCapitan and look for climbers on the face. From there, we start heading out of the park. There is a Pizza Factory in Groveland that has been a stop on many previous cruises. Some stay, some don’t. Its a decent place to eat if you choose to stay.
Please post up any questions. I will reply and edit this info if appropriate. Its always a good day to take a Challenger for a ride. Why not do it in a world class setting? If you’ve never been there….. you should go. Trust me, its worth the effort.
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Ray Oslowski